Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So, it has been a very busy summer around our house. With all the hunting and camping it seems like fall has rushed up to our doorstep. The kids finally started school on the 2nd of September. They are going to a new charter school in our area called Providence Hall. So far, they love it. They are all learning Spanish and Kylie already would have you believe she is fluent. I am not so sure, but she knows quite a bit. Hopefully the rest of the school year will go as smooth as the first week.....
On Saturday, the 6th, my sisters, Julie and Megan and I as well as a couple of my friends (Michelle and Barbara) ran the 9/11 race for America. It is a race that I have run for the past 4 years as all the money donated goes to the families of fallen firefighters and police officers. It is a great course at Wheeler Farm and I did really well this year (if I do have to say so myself!!!) I ran the fasted 5k I have ever run, finishing in 26 minutes and 27 seconds. I finished 2nd in my age group... and, yes, there were more than 2 people in that group!! :) It sounds better to say that I finished 18th overall with more than 250 people registered for the race. I had a great time and loved being able to spend that time with my sisters. I just read Megan's blog and have to agree with her that us 3 girls think we are pretty darn funny and when we get together it all hits the fan. I love my sisters so much and to echo Meg, they are the best friends a girl could have!
We also just learned that Chad will finally be promoted to Engineer on the 15th of this month. They will hold the ceremony at Station 1 that morning so he will finally officially get his raise!
The only other major "happening" is I am preparing to go on my elk hunt in the next couple weeks. Chad has patiently taken me to shoot the muzzle loader several times and helped me get comfortable with it. I just hope I don't disappoint him and not get one! He told me I "need to show my swagger" and get a little cocky, so any words on encouragement from any of you would be great!!!! The Doyle family has had a lot of success so far in the hunts this year. My father in law, Wade, as well as Chad's sister, Tenille, both shot REALLY nice bucks on their archery hunt earlier in August and Cory, Chad's brother, as well as Kevin, our brother in law, both filled their elk tags. So here's hoping I don't mess up the streak. Stay tuned........

4 comments:

Michelle... said...

It was a fun race! Good luck with the hunt.

AH... HALE said...

Congrats Kristin on the race. That is awesome. Tiff and I were really wishing we could have done it this year. Hopefully next year!!
Congrats Chad on the promotion. You deserve it!!
Kristin - Good luck on the HUNT!! Just go and have a good time and everything will fall into place from there. We know you will do awesome.

Joy & Casey said...

Kristin...
I found your blog thru Trent's and wanted to say hello!!! You are such a great person and we love your cute family-Shaylee always loved Oakley in primary!!! I am grateful for being able to witness/hear about your experience with the Glover family. Heavenly Father is so aware of us and always places people in our paths to help eachother!!
Congrats on your race and your hunt!
See ya!
Joy

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin- I just saw your blog link on Michelle's today so I'm commenting on this post way late! The race was fun, even if I'm not sure my shins will ever be the same. And Hey! What would be wrong with finishins second in your group even if there were only two people in that group?! :)