Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Race

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!
On Saturday, October 25th, Chad and I, along with my sisters, Julie and Megan, ran a Halloween Race in American Fork. It was a 5k and the weather was perfect. This race was the funnest I have ever run because it was at night and you get to dress up. I chose not to this year because I get so hot when I run and I was sick. My sisters, however, couldn't pass up the opportunity.
My sisters are "special". Sometimes I think they each need a helmet and a ride on the short bus, but that is a story for another time. We have so much fun when we get together!!! There were a ton of really cool costumes. The race is even more spooky because you run through the American Fork Cemetery twice. We got a really cool long sleeve race shirt that says "Runnin' through the bone yard", a goody bag at the finish line, a glo stick necklace, and a ticket. At the finish line you take your ticket up to a table and if you find a match you win that item. I literally win something at every race I run and this time was no exception. I won a very cool water bottle to add to my collection. It was a great race and one I will definitely run every year!




4 comments:

Michelle... said...

That does look like a fun race. Very cool shirt!

B-Ry, Tiff N The Mads said...

Megan & Julie look really creepy! That looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm glad you were able to go. It sounds like a blast!

Tammy said...

Looks like you had tons of fun. Great picture of you and your hubby!

Stormi Winscot said...

How fun is that! You're sisters look awesome and I bet they are loads of fun, too. Oakley is such a darling and brave little girl. I can't believe how grown-up she is looking. Even though she must be in a lot of pain with her leg, she does know all about style!!! What a strong girl. You all look so happy and well! Miss you guys!