Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The New Year




I have a good feeling about this year! It has started with some changes in things for our family as I have gone back to work. I will only be working 2 days a week, but it will be all day. I am working as a scheduler for Alta View Internal Medicine. I schedule additional tests for patients, such as MRI's, X-Rays, ultra sounds, appointments with other doctors, etc. I have been there a couple weeks now and it is hard! Lots to learn and trying to read the Docs handwriting? Forget it! I am learning and getting more and more comfortable with it as I work more, but the adjustment is still a work in progress. I love the adult conversation and time away from laundry and the other "house wife" duties. I think it will be something I do for a long time.
Dustin recently was awarded his Arrow Of Light for cub scouts and was bridged into boy scouts the same night. He is excited to start doing things with the "big boys".
Oakley is starting to take piano again and determined to stick with it. She faithfully practices and looks forward to when Grandma Doyle comes to teach her.
Kylie just keeps growing and getting smarter and smarter. She loves school! She comes home every day and immediately does her homework and then goes in the front room and plays school for a couple hours. I love having a child that excited about learing!
Chad is getting ready to start a fire officer class this month so he is busy studying and preparing his presentation on SCBA masks. How exciting! I am so proud to be his wife. He works so hard for us and continues to look for opportunities to be promoted. He was made an Engineer last year and is working toward testing for Captain in the next few years. He is such a good husband and father! I am so blessed to be married to him!
So, that is the current update on our family. Hope you all have a great new year as well!

2 comments:

Rob and Tammy said...

Kristin,
You have been tagged. Go to my blog to see the rules :)

Tammy

Sonya Peterson said...

okay i was wondering if the kristin that tammy had on there was you. so i got you too. you now have no choice but to play along.