Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another Head Injury


Everyone who knows Dustin knows he LOVES football!!! They also know that he is very prone to head injuries. Well, Friday, I got a call from the school nurse telling me Dustin had been playing football at recess and got hurt. Now anytime my kids need to check out, they are the ones who call me so when it was the nurse who called, I knew something was very wrong.
Turns out that after a play, Dustin was running back to position and another player stuck his foot out just as Dustin turned and he went down so hard he ended up with a mild concussion. When I went to pick him up, he was very shaky, he was nauseous, dizzy, and his pupils were dilated. He had quite a goose-egg on his head as well. I brought him home and had him lay down while I freaked out not knowing what to do. Of course Chad was working and I couldn't get a hold of him, so I called the pediatrician. They told me unless he was throwing up or couldn't stay awake, then there was no need to take him in. He just needed to lay low all weekend and would slowly get better.
Needless to say, there will be no more football playing for a long while. Here we are 3 days later and he still gets dizzy when he stands up. This kid is so smart and such a good football player! It makes me sad that he got hurt, but I am glad he will be ok and that it wasnt any worse!!!! I Love you Dustin!

3 comments:

AH... HALE said...

Dustin, we love you buddy. Hope you head gets feeling better soon.

Kevin and Tenille

Michelle... said...

Oh, James will be sad to know his football buddy has to lay low for awhile.
Feel better soon.

Coatsy's said...

Gosh those boys and their flipping football..... Hope he is feeling better...... By the way how the heck are you guys???