Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Good Bye to a Friend


Yesterday, my little friend Trent DuVal passed away. He is the 8 year old little boy I have talked about who has been battling leukemia for the past 15 months. He and his family have been so amazing through this trial and have set an awesome example for so many. Trent was a great little kid who always had energy to spare. I have known this family for 9 years and they are some of the nicest, most amazing people in the world. If you read Trents blog, you can see the influence he had on people. There are a ton of comments about he inspired people and I am lucky to be counted among them. He mostly taught me that no matter what we have to deal with, little trials or big, Heavenly Father loves each of us and knows what we are going through. We may not always like the answer He gives us, but that is the test of our faith and we become closer to Him this way.
Thank you Trent for never giving up and reminding me to look for the good things. You will be missed!

1 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so sorry to hear this...I checked out their blog to read more about Trent... but I was not prepared for how emotional I got. What an amazing story. I read just about every post on there, I couldn't stop! You and the kids are blessed to have known him... I hope Dustin is handling it ok. That's never easy to loose a friend so young. Love you...